Ghostlight are delighted to say that the tactical JRPG, Lost Dimension, will be released on Steam later today, priced at $24.99, with a stunning 40% launch discount, meaning that the price will be just $14.99 if you buy Lost Dimension before 6th November.
Developed by Lancarse, creators of a number of highly-acclaimed JRPGs and published by FURYU Corporation in Japan, Atlus in North America and Nippon Ichi in Europe on PlayStation 3 and Vita in 2014-15, this one truly is a corker!
Some of you may already know that the team behind Lost Dimension have an incredibly impressive pedigree. The game’s intriguing storyline was written by Jun Kumagai, the Tower level designs were headed up by Takeshi Oga, while the character designs were provided by Yuu Yamashita and Makoto Tsuchibayashi.
Taking place in the near-future with the world in ruin, a terrorist mastermind known only as ‘The End’ threatens humanity with nuclear Armageddon. A special task force of eleven young psychics each with incredible superhuman abilities and a mysterious past, are the only ones who can stop him. Together, they must climb The End’s formidable Tower one floor at a time and bring him to justice. Their psychic powers will be put to the test against the sinister occupants of each floor as they race against the clock – and the traitors hidden within their ranks – to save the planet!
As team leader, Sho Kasugai, you’ll need to master a deep-but-intuitive combat system, build relationships with your squad and use logic to discern the traitor on each floor to progress. Only Sho has the skills necessary to weed out the traitors and defeat The End.
Key game features:
- Deep turn-based tactical RPG combat system.Defer turns, assist your allies and combine your team’s incredible psychic powers to gain victory!
- Find the traitors!Use your psychic powers to rifle through your teammates’ minds and uncover their secrets.But beware, the list of traitors is different every time you play!
- Unlock and level up a huge variety of skills.Create the ultimate tank or support builds for your characters and swap out eliminated members’ Materia to unlock new high-powered Gifts.
- Uncover the truth!Multiple endings to discover.Who is ‘The End’?What are his real motives?Only by gaining the trust of all your team members can you find out!
In Japan, both the PS3 and PS Vita versions of Lost Dimension received highly-coveted Gold Awards from a very well-renowned gaming magazine company. All four reviewers from the publication gave the PlayStation 3 version of Lost Dimension a score of 8, for a total of 32/40, while the PlayStation Vita version received scores of 8, 8, 8 and 9, for a total of 33/40.
Ghostlight also shared several blog posts on their site in which they offered more details on their favourite parts of the game
Lost Dimension was also hugely well received in the West, receiving some fantastic reviews:
- Digitally Downloaded “Lost Dimension is an incredible title, with a constant sense of escalation and drama.” 4.5 Stars out of 5
- “Lost Dimension is a unique title that tries to bring some originality to RPGs, as well as a new form of replayability. The core concept is fantastic and makes the story thought provoking.” 8.5/10
- “Gripping character work complements deep combat.” 8.4/10
- “It’s a genuinely satisfying and memorable tactical RPG that I won’t soon forget.” 8/10
Ghostlight have said that: “The PC version also features the original high-quality localisation from Atlus and we will be using higher resolution artwork than that used in the console version. In addition to this, our PC port will support multiple screen resolutions, mouse/keyboard and controller support, Steam Achievements and cloud saving.”