Ghostlight have today announced that the tactical JRPG, Lost Dimension, will be released on Steam on the 30th October, priced at $24.99, with a stunning 40% launch discount if you buy Lost Dimension before 6th November.
Developed by Lancarse, creators of a number of highly-acclaimed JRPGs and published by FURYU Corporation in Japan, Atlus in North America and Nippon Ichi in Europe on PlayStation 3 and Vita in 2014-15, this one truly is a corker!
Some of you may already know that the team behind Lost Dimension have an incredibly impressive pedigree. The game’s intriguing storyline was written by Jun Kumagai, the Pillar’s intelligent floor designs were headed up by Takeshi Oga, while the character designs were provided by Yuu Yamashita and Makoto Tsuchibayashi.
Taking place in the near-future, with the world in ruin, a terrorist mastermind known only as ‘The End’, threatens to unleash an apocalyptic attack and destroy all humanity. To combat this threat, a Special Forces group comprised of eleven young psychics with incredible superhuman abilities, is tasked with pursuing The End to the summit of a sky-scraping tower, which has dramatically appeared on the city skyline from out of nowhere. Can the team find and eliminate The End and avoid the impending Armageddon he has set in motion?
Key game features:
- Take on the enemy across tactically-created environments in an amazingly strategic turn-based battle system!
- Create bonds with your teammates and use your psychic talent of ‘vision’ to rifle through their minds and find the traitors!
- Every person counts in battle as you place teammates to benefit and shield each other and manage their ‘Defers’ and ‘Berserk’ modes!
- Test your investigation and deduction skills by finding the traitor on each floor of the towering Pillar. Traitors are randomly determined, so no two playthroughs are the same!
In Japan, both the PS3 and PS Vita versions of Lost Dimension received highly-coveted Gold Awards from a very well-renowned gaming magazine company. All four reviewers from the publication gave the PlayStation 3 version of Lost Dimension a score of 8, for a total of 32/40, while the PlayStation Vita version received scores of 8, 8, 8 and 9, for a total of 33/40.
Ghostlight also shared several blog posts on their site in which they offered more details on their favourite parts of the game
Lost Dimension was also hugely well received in the West, receiving some fantastic reviews:
- Digitally Downloaded “Lost Dimension is an incredible title, with a constant sense of escalation and drama.” 4.5 Stars out of 5
- PSU.com “Lost Dimension is a unique title that tries to bring some originality to RPGs, as well as a new form of replayability. The core concept is fantastic and makes the story thought provoking.” 8.5/10
- NZGamer “Gripping character work complements deep combat.” 8.4/10
- Destructoid “It’s a genuinely satisfying and memorable tactical RPG that I won’t soon forget.” 8/10
Ghostlight have said that: “The PC version also features the original high-quality localisation from Atlus and we will be using higher resolution artwork than that used in the console version.
In addition to this, our PC port will support multiple screen resolutions, mouse/keyboard and controller support, Steam Achievements and cloud saving.”
Established in 2004, Ghostlight specialise in bringing the best in Japanese gaming to the PAL region. Ghostlight have released numerous JRPGs such as the Agarest series, Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky and multiple entries in the Shin Megami Tensei series, including Devil Survivor Overclocked and Persona 3 Portable. Ghostlight have recently released Acquire’s respected Way of the Samurai 4 and Way of the Samurai 3 on PC.